Aside from that, Mexican food has been a part of my life like the strenuous mane that the world claims as my hair. I'm not Mexican, by the way. Not even Hispanic, but my love for their food can pose that I am, no? But I was born and raised in the Bay Area, California and if you're familiar with the area, you know that that place is its own culture itself, created by the variety of ethnic backgrounds drawn there—some of many is the Mexican race. Though I was surrounded by several of my own Polynesian community, Hispanics were a distinctive group of locals as well. While I was in grade school in the Bay Area, there were multiple opportunities where we, as students would get the chance to learn and experience different countries and the cultures that inhabited the area. Most of the countries were in Latin America and guess what they passed out to help us get feel for the culture? HISPANIC FOOD (you gotta say it with a Hispanic accent). It was where I found my love for Mexico, Venezuela, and bachata music! Eventually, I noticed we had more celebrations in class regarding Hispanic relations with the extreme emphasis on Mexico (Cinco de Mayo, Día de los Muertos, Día de la Revolución, etc.). I even remember getting a butt load of Mexican food on the days of a classmate's birthday, which I'm not complaining about.
One thing I will praise religiously, is their rice. I'm already a fanatic for rice anyways, but after I tried Mexican rice? My six year-old self was done for. I cannot express to you the amount of desire I have for such a thing as rice, okay. I seriously became so picky over years on who makes good Mexican rice. Here in Arizona? Absolutely none of those I have tried know how to make Mexican rice properly. There are obvious exceptions like Nycole because she literally just moved here from Los Angeles, but seriously, I'm so disappointed in you Arizona residents. And we live on the freaking border, like what is this. Anyways, rice is my main love and go-to in the Mexican food category.
OMG, and SOPES? I don't know who created that, but I thank Heavenly Father for you every day for a mind like yours. If you don't know what sopes are, then I hope you best unfollow me on every social media I own and your memory of me because that is such a disgrace to human society. You could be my Dad and I wouldn't even care...But then that would be irrelevant because my Dad actually knows what sopes are. And he's a fob. Please go and try sopes, though if you haven't because that clearly means you haven't been blessed at all. It's bad enough that some of you claim Taco Bell as a legitimate Mexican delicacy. Anyhow, sopes are Jesus' way of telling us that there is hope for this world. So, go befriend some nice Mexicans and ask their abuelas to educate you in such topics.
I seriously could go on and on and on and on about my love for different Mexican dishes like pazole, menudo, enchiladas, REAL TACOS—anyways, I just hope you all understand that this was all just a rant about nothing and that I'm just trying to fulfill my bucket list goals lol. More rant blogs to come. Bless xx
Now, here are two beautiful pictures of Mexican food from Google. Enjoy.


I can just hear your annoying voice saying this lol
ReplyDelete